Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Lazy Sunday Service

Well I've made it back to Ireland in one piece. Trip went well, if a little tiring. Only one major incident - reaching under a desk to unplug a cable 30 minutes before a talk I managed to split my trousers from zip to belt. There wasn't enough time hurry back to the hotel to change them, but thankfully a secretary had a travel sew kit in her bag and I managed to sew them up (and my amateur stitching lasted the rest of the day). It was that or staple them!

I didn't look at my reader while away and I've just taken a peek. There are hundreds of posts to catch up with, so I'm going to skip the 'posts I enjoyed this week' bit.

My posts this week
Review of Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett
Off the peg PIs - one size fits all
Review of The Irish Sports Pages by Les Roberts
The Village Bookstore
Review of Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell
Saturday Snippet: The Lime Pit by Jonathan Valins

No comments: