Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ireland reading challenge

An Irish reading challenge is being hosted over on Books and Movies blog. The commitment is to read two, four or six Irish books during 2011. I'd thought I'd give this a plug as you'd really be doing yourself a favour by picking up some Irish crime fiction as there has been loads of good stuff published in the last couple of years and no doubt in 2011 - if you want suggestions try: Declan Burke, Adrian McKinty, Declan Hughes, Arlene Hunt, Tana French, Brian McGilloway, Stuart Neville, Alex Barclay, Gene Kerrigan, Conor Fitzgerald, Eoin McNamee, Ken Bruen, Colin Batemen, Jane Casey, and John Connolly. I'm going to have my own Irish session over the seasonal break. I've made a start on Collusion by Stuart Neville and this will be followed by Pat McCabe's The Stray Sod Country, Ken Bruen's London Boulevard, and Kevin McCarthy's Peeler. All I need to do is shake off this damn flu and I'll be flying through them.

5 comments:

Uriah Robinson said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Rob - Take care of yourself; feel well soon!

Dorte H said...

Get well soon!

I have not made up my mind to participate in this challenge or not, but it is tempting as I have five of these authors waiting for me on my TBR.

kathy d. said...

In 2011, I am definitely going to read Tana French's new book, "Faithful Place," which is all over Best Book lists in the U.S., for fiction, not just crime fiction.

Definitely going to read "Ghostland," if it's been published.

And, some others not yet known to me, but it will happen.

There is a plethora of global challenges next year, and it's daunting.

Rob Kitchin said...

Very little chance of Ghostland being published in 2011, I think. Hopefully my agent will get it placed and it'll come out in 2012. Still this challenge involves a minimum of two books, so should be a cinch.