Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Scoop It! Crime novel reviews


I came across a new social media platform - Scoop It! - a couple of days ago.  I liked the idea and format - curating your own 'online magazine' by pulling in content from and linking across the internet.  Yesterday I created my own account and set up three curations:

Blue House and Co Crime Novel Reviews
The Programmable City
Planning Ireland

I've populated each with some content which I'll update on a rolling basis.  I'm using the Crime Novel Reviews page to link to reviews that catch my personal interest (rather than trying to capture as many reviews as possible) and also to link to my own reviews.  In all three curations I see the primary purpose as twofold: a kind of visual/text summary of and links to pieces I'm interested in; a useful resource for others interested in the topic.  Worth checking out, I think.

No comments: