Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lazy Sunday Service

Nearly all of the books I read are paperbacks.  I do have a kindle, but I've tended to only use it when I'm travelling.  I'm aware, however, that I have a few e-books building up (though nothing like the paper to-be-read pile).  Here's what's waiting to be read.  I hope to get to them over the next few months.  The first one - The Polka Dot Girl - has an quirky angle: it's a noir in which every single character is female.  It'll be interesting to see how successfully that works. 

The Polka Dot Girl by Darragh McManus
Missing in Rangoon by Christopher G. Moore
Big Maria by Johnny Shaw
Karma Backlash by Chad Rohrbacher
The Devil Doesn't Want Me by Eric Beetner
A Healthy Fear of Man by Aaron Philip Clark
All the Lonely People by Martin Edwards
The Perfect Crime by Les Edgerton
The Barbershop Seven by Douglas Lindsay (books 1-7, Barney Thomson series)

My posts this week
Vacancy at individual property and town level
Review of In Search of Klingsor by Jorgi Volpi
Crime fiction from around the world
Review of Information: A Very Short Introduction by Luciano Floridi
Review of The Sea Detective by Mark Douglas-Home
Playing by the river

1 comment:

Keen Reader said...

A lot of mystery readers like Martin Edwards' 'All the Lonely People'. I personally found that there wasn't quite enough happening in it to keep me really gripped, although it is certainly well written.