Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013 travels


2013 passed in a bit of blur.  I think I did more travelling this year than ever before, mostly connected to work.  In total I gave 27 presentations outside of my own institution, mostly in Ireland, and visited Venice, Los Angeles, Tucson, Aberystwyth, Reykjavík, Durham, Prague, Dresden, Leipzig, Berlin, Brussels, New York, Boston, Lisbon, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and London (I visited way more places through fiction, though that'll be another post in the next few days).  They were all great trips, but I'd like to go back to Iceland and China for a bit more of an exploration.  My plan for 2014 is to try and spend a bit more time at home, though I've already agreed to travel to Stirling, Brussels, Oxford, Tampa, Paris, and Copenhagen in the first half of the year (though I've turned down trips to Lyon and Montreal). 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob - You have indeed been busy!! I'm glad you got to LA; it was a pleasure and honour to meet you. I hope 2014 is a good year for you!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Phil had always wanted to go to Iceland. Maybe next year. Have a happy new year, Rob.