Sunday, July 20, 2014

Lazy Sunday Service

I fancied trying something a little different reading-wise and decided to give Eric Garcia's Rex series a go.  The premise is a relatively straight-up, hardboiled PI setup, but the lead character is a dinosaur dressed up in a human costume.  In fact, there is a whole dino community seeking to pass as human to avoid conflict with people and possible extinction.  It was much cheaper to buy a two-in-one omnibus that contained the first two tales - Anonymous Rex and Casual Rex - than to purchase just one of the books on its own, so took that option.  I'm presently about 150 pages into the first story printed in the book and I've just realised that it's the second tale in the series.  I usually like to read a series in the right order and I suspect most people do as well.  It seems odd to have reversed the order in the omnibus.  I'm assuming there's a logical reason for this, such as the second book being a prequel to the first, but if not it's going to be annoying.  So far, it's an interesting enough read and I'll post a review in the next week or so.

My posts this week
Review of Washington Shadow by Aly Monroe
Review of The Carrier by Preston Lang
Blowing hot and cold

No comments: