Sunday, January 3, 2016

Lazy Sunday Service

I've spent a chunk of the seasonal break revising the latest novel in progress. I did some fairly major surgery based on a couple of very useful readers' reports, removing 11,500 words, adding 5,500 and revising another chunk.  The edits have certainly improved the story and I think it's in a pretty reasonable form. I guess the next step is to start hawking it around.  I know exactly what I'm doing at this stage for non-fiction work, but how the fiction side of publishing works is still a bit of mystery to me.  Wish me luck - I have a feeling that's a vital part of it!

My posts this week
I was nine when I killed for the first time
December reviews
Review of The Getaway by Jim Thompson
Review of Reykjavik Nights by Arnaldur Indridason
Review of The Music Lovers by Jonathan Valin
Review of Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith


No comments: