Sunday, August 7, 2016

Lazy Sunday Service

With the Rio Olympics now under way I'm reading my second related book of the summer, The Boys in the Boat about the 1936 USA rowing eight who won gold in Berlin. It's my read of the year so far.  Nine undergraduates from the University of Washington, most of them dirt poor and paying their way through college by holding down jobs as well as doing their training and studying, who can make a boat 'swing'.

My posts this week:
Review of The Long Glasgow Kiss by Craig Russell
July reviews
Review of The Defenceless by Kati Hiekkapelto 
A journey under the skin

1 comment:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I really enjoyed the BOYS IN THE BOAT as well as the PBS special on it. My entire book group found it the best book we read last year. Leni Riefenstahl's film of them crossing the finish line is amazing.