Sunday, August 28, 2016

Lazy Sunday Service

This week I picked up my visa to visit Russia.  I'm heading to Moscow and St Petersburg to give a set of talks in October.  I'm really looking forward to the trip and to hopefully explore a bit of each city.  First up though are trips to the US and South Korea.  I'm interested in novels set in Korea and Russia to accompany me on my travels.  Any suggestions?


My posts this week

Review of The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan
Mad or bad?

3 comments:

TracyK said...

I am not a traveler but if I was, going to Russia would be toward the top of the list. Sounds wonderful. Sorry I have no suggestions for books set in Russia. I like Martin Limon's books set in South Korea in the 60's and 70's.

Rob Kitchin said...

Thanks, Tracy. I've read the first Limon book, so have now ordered the second. Best, Rob

Icewineanne said...

I was going to suggest The Winter Queen by Boris Akunin, but then i saw that you have already read it. Oh well, if i think of another book, i'll let you know. Enjoy your travels!