Saturday, December 2, 2017

Sitting ducks

It took a brief moment for Finnegan to realise a shot had been fired. Then he was diving towards Kelly Meakin.

The actress hit the wet pavement, Finnegan sprawled on top of her.

A second shot had him trying to cover her.

‘Finn?’

‘We’re sitting ducks,’ he muttered, ignoring her.

‘Finn, my shoulder.’

He risked a look.

Her dress was covered in blood.

‘We need to go.’

Finn scooped her up and started to run.

‘I told you.’

‘Now’s not the time for point scoring.’

A third shot and his legs buckled.

‘I don’t want to die, Finn … Finn?’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's powerful, Rob. I could really see this expanded into something longer - at least a short story. I want to know who's after these people and why...