Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January reviews

A slow month of reading, especially in the latter half of the month. It's been a while since I read only one book in a week. Last week I read none but my own whilst I tried to deal with other things. I'm slowly making my way through Havana Fever by Leonardo Padura at the minute, so that'll be the next review up. My book of the month. Hmmm. I'll go with Via Delle Oche.

Dead Set by Kel Robertson ****
Up in Honey's Room by Elmore Leonard **
The Fugitive Pigeon by Donald Westlake ***
Via Delle Oche by Carlo Lucarelli ****
Shinjuku Shark by Arimasa Osawa **
Isle of Joy by Don Winslow ****
The Last Good Kiss by James Crumley ****

2 comments:

Jose Ignacio Escribano said...

I`m much intereted to see your review of Padura's "Havana Fever". I have it on my TBR list, but I will have to wait until I read it first and then will look at your opinion.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I've had Crumley near the top for ages. Four stars, I'd better read it.