Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Regressing

Every now and then things seem to converge so that it feels that, rather than making progress, everything is regressing. This week is one of those moments. I'm trying to copyedit proofs, make edits to another book, get an issue of a journal put to bed, deal with the media, put together a large grant application, and do the general stuff that goes with being a head of a unit. I seem to be making zero progress on anything and every email I send off just generates more work; and deadlines are looming. Normal service will resume once I've managed to get on top of things. I need one of those 'stress head' toys! I'm sure it can't be only me who manages to enter one of these funnels ...

2 comments:

Bernadette said...

I can't offer any words of wisdom but I can empathise Rob.

seana graham said...

I expect you're making more progress than you know. Good luck!