Saturday, November 10, 2012

The captain has switched on the seatbelt sign

‘Are you okay?’

‘Never been better.’

‘Why do you insist on having a window seat if you hate flying?’

‘So I can see what the hell’s going on.’

‘As if that’s going to make a difference.  If this baby hits the ground from 35,000 feet none of us are getting out alive.’

‘You’re not helping, Ross.’

‘The only thing between us and certain death is a couple of millimetres of aluminium and the laws of physics.’

The plane dropped violently in the turbulence.

‘Oh god.’

‘There should be a sick bag in the seat pocket ... shit, not over me!’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rob - You know, I often don't think of how risky flying can be but I know plenty of people who don't like to be on board planes. And I think you've captured that really well here...