Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Another year over ...

2014 proved to be a bit of an annus mirabilis.  Due to the ridiculous reporting procedures I presently have to perform, I know precisely all my work related activities and most of my non-work activities as well for the year.  I was going to use that data to do this post as a kind of scorecard but it reads like, well, a scorecard.  Let’s just say it was a very productive year, with a lot of stuff published, many speaking engagements, and plenty of media coverage.  If you read or heard any of them, then many thanks for your attention.  I hope the pieces proved useful and/or entertaining.  The major event was undoubtedly being awarded the Royal Irish Academy’s Gold Medal for the Social Sciences.  I doubt that award will be topped any time soon, if ever.  My new year’s resolution has been consistently the same for the past number of years: to do less of everything and improve the quality of what I do.  No doubt I’ll once again fail at the first part while still striving for the second.  I hope you had a great year and that 2015 will prove to be a happy and fulfilling one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again to you, Rob, and wishing you and those you love a great 2015!

Anonymous said...

Love your New Year resolution, Rob. Happy New Year!

Anonymous-9 said...

Amen to that, Rob. Happy New Year one and all!
Anonymous-9

TracyK said...

Don't know how you blog, read, do such a good job at reviewing, and write books and keep up with a demanding job. Hope your 2015 is relaxed and productive.