Saturday, May 23, 2015

Home to vote

‘Feck this, I’m off home to vote,’ Brian said, heading for the door.

‘You can’t leave now; what about the Churchill order?’

‘Get Sharon to help you.  I need to get to Holyhead for the ferry to Dublin.’

‘Brian!  Stop being daft.  One vote isn’t going to make a difference.’

‘I’ve a stake in that country,’ Brian said, tapping at his phone.  ‘I have to vote.  This could be history in the making.  Who’d thought, gay marriage?’

‘Is that you coming out?’

‘Dave, read the hashtag #hometovote.  Mam, you’ve got my polling card?  Can you meet me off the ferry?’





A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

seana graham said...

Nice story for the day. Now Ireland is officially ahead of the rest of us. Hope the U.S. will leap into the 21st century sometime soon.