Saturday, January 21, 2017

We'll all face the music

Davie peeked out at the audience from the wings. 

‘Where is he?’

‘I don’t know,’ Jack answered. ‘The lads haven’t seen him.’

‘Well, bloody find him.  They’re getting restless.’

‘I’ve already looked everywhere.’

‘If you had, you’d have found him!’

Davie discovered the guitarist and drummer smoking outside the back door.

‘Where is he?’

‘Propping up a bar. You know Jimmy.’

‘Which bar?’

The guitarist shrugged.  ‘It’s a big city.’

‘You’ll have to go on without him.’

‘Who’ll sing? No, no, not me.’

‘This is your big chance.’

‘No.’

‘Then find him!  And quick or we’ll all face the music.’


A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this one, Rob. Now I want to know what happened to him. I could see this as part of a story.