Sunday, January 1, 2017

Lazy Sunday Service

Happy new year!  I hope that 2017 brings you success and happiness.  As has been the case for the past few years, my aim is to reduce just about everything work-wise and to get better at saying 'no' to requests.  I usually also say that I plan to cut back on reading and to spend more time writing.  I do want to spend more time writing in 2017, but I want the time to come at the expense of travel instead of reading (which seems to be pretty consistent regardless of whatever else is going on).

Following Bernadette at Reaction to Readings love of charts, here is my reading year, with comparison to the previous six (culled from Goodreads). It seems that I am pretty consistent at roughly two books a week, though 2016 saw a surge in pages read on 2015 (over 5k more), averaging just under 100 pages a day.  I'm a bit surprised by that as I didn't feel I was reading more than usual.  I'll post my best of list during the week, as well as list of all the countries/fiction I literary travelled to.



My posts this week
Review of The Choirboys by Joseph Wambaugh
Review of Holding by Graham Norton
Review of Crimea by Orlando Figes

There's something down there

No comments: