Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Service: I Hear Sirens on the Street by Adrian McKinty

In the past week I've won two fiction related competitions, neither for my writing!  First off, my suggested title of 'Both Barrels' was voted as the choice for for Shotgun Honey's first anthology.  Second, I guessed the page length for the edited proofs of Adrian McKinty's new book, I Hear Sirens on the Street, the second book in the DS Sean Duffy trilogy set in Belfast in the early 1980s.  Like many reviewers I gave the first book, The Cold, Cold Ground, a five star review, as I did Fifty Grand and Dead I Well May Be, so it's going to be a real pleasure to receive the final draft version of I Hear Sirens (right) complete with doodles, editing notes, queries, etc. and to take an early read.

My posts this week
Third birthday
The lonely men
Both Barrels
Review of Shaman Pass by Stan Jones
The Clearing


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done, Rob! I'm very happy for you on both counts.