Sunday, November 8, 2015

Lazy Sunday Service

Two weeks ago I got invites to give talks in Moscow/St Petersburg, Singapore, London and Lancaster. Last week has been invites to Shanghai and Barcelona. I've said yes to Moscow/St Petersburg, no to London, Lancaster and Barcelona (they clash with other ones I've already agreed to do), and am mulling over Singapore (June) and Shanghai (Sept).  On the plus side I'd get to look around both cities.  On the negative side, they'll take up a week each, with 13 hour return flights, and all for giving a single 30-45 minute talk at events I probably wouldn't go to otherwise.  And I'm trying to cut back on talks, having given around 40 so far this year. A very privileged kind of problem, I know. Hmmm.

My posts this week
October reads
Review of The Long-Legged Fly by James Sallis
Flash mob robbery


No comments: