Sunday, November 25, 2018

Lazy Sunday Service

Back from a week in Taiwan, where I gave a couple of talks - one at the Contemporary Culture Lab in Taipei and one at Tunghai University in Taichung. An interesting place to visit and a bit of a contrast to Ireland in terms of climate, geography and culture. The island is about 40 percent the size of the island of Ireland, but it has four times the population, most of which is along the west coast as much of the land is very mountainous (some of which also four times the height of any in Ireland). I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and have already agreed to visit again next year some time. I'll need to find some more Taiwanese fiction to read by then.

My posts this week
Review of Ghost Month by Ed Lin
Review of Exit Berlin by Tim Sebastian
At last


No comments: