Monday, March 4, 2019

Reaching 1000 reviews

This morning's review was the 1000th on the blog. I've just spent a little while looking at the stats - which given the day job I'm inclined to do. It's taken 502 weeks to reach 1,000 books (all reviews available here), which is pretty much spot-on averaging two books a week (1.99). The books total some 325,846 pages according to Goodreads (though a couple are missing page counts in their database), or just shy of 93 pages per day. Both of those seem about right, with some fluctuation across weeks and days.

Of the books, 883 were fiction and 117 non-fiction. 128 were by Irish authors. 166 were historical fiction set between 1930-1960. I bought nearly all of them, with a handful being review copies and a dozen or so gifts - I'm happy to make sure authors get some royalties and I don't want to feel obliged with respect to what I'm reading. I'll give a breakdown of location later in the week, but via the fiction I visited 75 countries, and a few more via non-fiction.

Here are some graphs from Goodreads (click to enlarge).

Books per year


Pages per year


Books per month
 

Pages per month

 


4 comments:

Icewineanne said...

Congratulations Rob!!
Really enjoy reading your reviews & have added many of your 4-5 star recommendations to my list. Your hard work is appreciated. Best wishes as you head towards the next 1000 reviews?

Dana King said...

Well done, sir. It's nice to see someone who sticks at it when many bloggers are dropping by the way. Blogs such as this are excellent ways to spread information and exchange ideas. Keep up the good work.

Rob Kitchin said...

Thanks, Anne, Dana. I write these reviews because I enjoy doing so, which is a good job since the traffic to the site is a trickle! Glad to know that there are appreciated and useful. I'll keep going, though I'm not sure if I'll make it to 2000 ... that seems a long way off.

Christophe said...

Congratulations on reaching the milestone and thanks for the very informative reviews, Rob.