Saturday, April 11, 2020

Lockdown With The Smiths

‘I vote we start a family project,’ Matt said.

‘I don’t think so, Dad,’ Emily said, staring at her smartphone.

‘I don’t mean a jigsaw or whatever. We could form a band or make a movie or our own reality TV show – Lockdown With The Smiths.’

‘I’d sooner do the jigsaw,’ Conor said, his head in the fridge.

‘Let’s do it,’ Sadie said.

‘Mum!’ Emily cried. ‘I’m not being in a band with Dad.’

‘I vote parody movie.’

‘The Addams Family,’ Matt suggested.

‘Shaun of the Dead,’ Conor countered.

‘Only if we can kill Mum and Dad,’ Emily said. ‘Repeatedly.’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

Oh, those kids' voices sound so real, Rob! I can just hear them! Good description of what it's like cooped up with family.