Saturday, May 22, 2021

You don't deserve each other

‘That’s it? It’s over?’

‘He needs to apologise.’

‘For what? Not breaking a promise to a friend?’

‘He was sneaking behind my back.’

‘He was being discrete.’

‘I was his girlfriend.’

‘And you don’t need to know his friend’s secrets.’

‘He owes me an apology.’

‘He tried explaining it and you wouldn’t listen.’

‘Then he should try again.’

‘He’s not going to; he’s a fatalist.’

‘What?’

‘You made your position clear. He’s going to respect your wishes.’

‘My wish is an apology.’

‘Then keep wishing.’

‘He’s giving up?’

‘He’s given up. And so am I. You don’t deserve each other.’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

I like this exploration of boundaries, Rob. And it shows what happens when people stake out positions like that. Well done