Saturday, June 12, 2021

It's for the best

 ‘You didn’t tell her?’

‘No.’

‘You just ended it.’

Terry nodded.

‘With no explanation.’

‘I told her we weren’t suited.’

‘And she’s meant to believe that? You’ve been inseparable.’

‘It’s better this way.’

‘For who? You?’

‘For both of us.’

‘And she doesn’t get a say?’

‘What good will it do her?’

‘What good is breaking her heart now doing?’

‘It’s better than watching me die.’

‘Jesus, Terry.’

‘What? It’s terminal, Neil. Six months tops. It’s better for her to move on now.’

‘She’s not going to move on.’

‘You’d better keep this to yourself.’

‘Terry.’

‘It’s for the best.’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

Oh, this one really says a lot, Rob. Makes me wonder what I would do if it were me (or what I would want done if it were me).