Saturday, February 26, 2022

One strike and out

‘You have to help me, Janie.’

‘She told you what would happen.’

‘I didn’t kiss her! She kissed me.’

‘And you kissed her back.’

‘I didn’t.’

‘How long did the kiss last?’

‘A few seconds.’

‘It should have been milliseconds.’

‘But it meant nothing. You have to talk to Chrissy. Tell her.’

‘She doesn’t do second chances.’

‘I’ve tried calling, texting, emailing. She won’t even listen.’

‘And she won’t. That’s her rule. One strike and out. If you cheat, use violence, or give away her secrets you’re history.’

‘Come-on, Janie.’

‘No way; it applies as much to me as you.’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

Ah, the one strike rule. I've heard of that one before, Rob, and it makes some sense. But in this case, I feel for the guy. Bad judgement, but still! You capture it well here.