Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Scarry Nights

I've finally read the 59 stories in Patti Abbott's flash fiction challenge. Took me a while but I got there. All about 800-1000 words long. I tried leaving comments on a fair few, but for whatever reason, Blogger kept eating my comments. Very frustrating. These were my favourite fifteen. Not for the faint-hearted mind. The scar theme runs strong.

Kieran Shea - The Shift Change
Paul Brazill - The Endless Sleep
JF Norris - I Keep it Wherever I go
Patti Aboott - Burnt the Fire
Cameron Ashley - Robbie V Wants a Job
Brian Lindenmuth - My Brother's Keeper
Alan Griffiths - Razorblade Kisses
Jack Bates - Karaokie isn't for Wussies
Dana King - Slump Buster
Chad Eagleton - The Pit
Glenn Gray - Scars
Fleur Bradley - Restraining Order
Jimmy Callaway - Neuva Localizacion
MC Funk - Growing Scars
RL Kelstrom - Scars

4 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Thanks for the mention Rob. Plenty of good stuff in this session. I still have a few to catch up with. I'll follow a couple of your leads.

Kieran Shea said...

thanks. the field was HUGE. biggest participation so far, i'm still working my way through too...

pattinase (abbott) said...

I am so proud of the quality of these stories. I feel like a mother at graduation day. And yours, Rob.

Glenn Gray said...

Hey Rob. Just saw this now. Thanks. Cool to be included with some of my favorite writers.