Thursday, March 10, 2011

Seattle crime fiction

Next month I'm heading out to Seattle for a week, via Dallas. Whilst I'm still looking for Dallas crime fiction, I also on the hunt for crime fiction set in Seattle. I'm aware of GM Ford and I have one of his books in the TBR, but other suggestions would be gratefully received. Any ideas? One thing I've already pencilled into my diary is a visit to the Seattle Mystery Bookshop. I aim to keep a decent size space in my suitcase free for my raid on the place.

5 comments:

J. Kingston Pierce said...

Also sample Earl Emerson's Thomas Black novels (beginning with "The Rainy City" (1985), and Richard Hoyt's John Denson stories, the best two of which are probably "30 for a Harry" (1981) and "The Siskiyou Two-Step" (1983). Both are P.I. series.

Oh, and the Seattle Mystery Bookshop is definitely worth visiting when you're in town.

Cheers,
Jeff

Maxine Clarke said...

Interesting, I think I am only aware of "Sleepless in..." and Frasier, so I look forward to reviews of any crime novels with this setting. I'm sure the bookshop will have a table dedicated to local crime novels.....

kathy d. said...

Mystery-reading friends have recommended Ridley Pearson's Sgt. Lou Bolt series.

The author's website describes these and other books.

Rob Kitchin said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I have ordered Earl Emerson's The Rainy City, Richard Hoyt's 30 for Harry, and Ridley Pearson's Undercurrents. Looking forward to them.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Here's s good list from the Seattle Public Library. Anne Argula is a pseudonym for someone and has been nominated for Edgars. http://www.spl.org/default.asp?pageID=collection_readinglists_category_detail&cid=1157064974812