Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Meridan Book Award 2011

My book Code/Space, co-written with Martin Dodge, has won the Association of American Geographers Meridan Book Award for the Outstanding Scholarly Work in Geography 2011 for "the one book published last year that makes an unusually important contribution to advancing the science and art of geography". I guess I better savour this one as I doubt I'm going to get another best book in the discipline award (well of those books that were considered at least) any time soon. Of course, there's an award ceremony at the end of the month in New York at the annual meeting which I am going to miss as, for only the second time in 17 years, I'm not attending. Ironically, I've decided to devote the week instead to trying to catch up on some writing. 8-9,000 geographers in one place at one time, all talking geography over five days, is kind of weird, intense week. My plan is to talk to no geographers that week, just to read some of their work and write!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob - Congratulations and well done!! I am impressed. Thanks for sharing.

Jose Ignacio Escribano said...

Congratulations, Rob.

J. Kingston Pierce said...

Let me pass along my hardy congratulations as well.

Cheers,
Jeff

Uriah Robinson said...

Well done Rob.

Kerrie said...

Well done Rob

Bernadette said...

Trying to think of a different way to say congratulations or well done. Can't. That's why you're the writer and I'm the reader.

seana graham said...

Fantastic. Sorry you'll miss the ceremony

crimeficreader said...

Congratulations Rob!