Sunday, June 1, 2014

Lazy Sunday Service

A couple of weeks ago I asked for help in deciding on a new name for a novel.  In the end we decided on 'Stumped', which works on a number of levels: the protagonists are stumped in terms of working out what to do and one of them is missing their legs, the victim is stumped in terms of having her fingers chopped off, and one of the villians is having trouble working the political stump.  Thanks to Cian O'Callaghan for the idea and everyone who gave suggestions.  Since signing the contract I've been undertaking revisions on the story, which have consisted of chopping out nearly 9,000 words in two phases (c. 10% of the text).  It always feels a little odd to be slashing through words that took quite a long time to write, but there's no doubt it's improved the telling of the story. I'm hoping I'm done now except for picking up stray typos.  Fingers crossed.

My posts this week
Review of A Decline in Prophets by Sulari Gentill
Big and open data bibliography
Review of In The Morning I'll Be Gone by Adrian McKinty
Dealing with time
Purls of wisdom

No comments: