Friday, March 21, 2014

500th book review

My review of Anthony Quinn's fine novel, Disappeared, set in Northern Ireland, was the 500th review I've published on the blog since July 2009.  There's no doubt that the quality of my reading has improved since I started reviewing and I've read some wonderful books in recent years from all over the world.  This, to a large degree, has been because of the book blogging community through which I pick up recommendations.  My hope is that my own reviews have led to folks discovering some great writers and stories.  I've recently spent a bit of time organising the reviews on the site.  The tabs above provide links to all reviews, organised by country of setting, reviews of Irish authors, and stories set between 1930 and 1960 (which is a particular interest).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your reviews have certainly help me to broaden the scope of my readings Rob. Thank you very much and congratulations.

seana graham said...

Congratulations. It's impressive. And yes, your blog has led me to some books I wouldn't have found. I also like to read your take on those I already know.

Ray Kolb said...

Congratulations, Rob. I have enjoyed reading your reviews. Here's looking forward to your next 500 reviews.

TracyK said...

Congratulations, Rob. I like your new tabs organizing the book reviews and especially the ones that separate by country and 1930's through the 1950's.

Kerrie said...

Well done Rob

Anonymous-9 said...

Happy 500th Rob!
Anonymous-9

Rob Kitchin said...

thanks for all the notes. Glad that the blog and reviews are proving to be of some use.

Older but not particularly wiser... said...

Fantastic Rob. Your blog has undoubtedly helped me read some terrific stuff and led me to numerous other superbly talented writers. Looking forward to your march on to 1,000!! Many thanks for all your sterling work. Personally, I don't know how you do it...
Regards,
Colin.