Sunday, May 1, 2016

Lazy Sunday Service

After a month in Boston doing fieldwork I arrived back in Ireland yesterday.  In the thirty hours I've been home, I've been asleep for twenty five! Hopefully that'll cure any jetlag for the coming week.  I enjoyed the trip.  Boston is a great city (well, many co-joined cities).  It was also very productive and I met loads of interesting people.  By the month's end I'd undertaken 21 interviews, given 6 talks, had 21 other meetings, and attended 5 workshops/conferences.  I only managed to read three novels set in the area though.  The picture right is of Brookline and Boston taken from the tower in Mount Auburn Cemetery.


My posts this week:
Review of Japan 1941 by Eri Hotta
Review of A Drink Before the War by Dennis Lehane
Alive and kicking

No comments: