Saturday, September 15, 2018

Something I did

‘Something you ate?’

‘Something I did.’

‘Bad enough to get you running to the toilet every five minutes?’

‘Bad enough I regret it.’

‘So?’

‘So, what?’

‘So, what are you regretting?’

‘Something stupid. It doesn’t matter.’

‘It clearly does.’

‘It really doesn’t.’

‘A problem shared is a problem halved. Maybe I can help?’

‘A problem shared is one that quickly becomes gossip. Especially a problem shared with you.’

‘Ach, that’s not fair, Barry. I’m your best friend.’

‘That’s why I know.’

‘Must be a hell of a regret.’

‘I told you, something stupid. Oh, God, I need to go again.’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, now I want to know what happened! This is well done, Rob. I like the way you sketch out the characters with just those few lines.

Icewineanne said...

Love these Rob!