Saturday, July 6, 2019

Coup de grace


‘You wouldn’t kill a dying man now, would you officer?’

Carney was propped up against a wall, clutching a bloody wound just below his shoulder.

‘I’m happy to make an exception for you, Carney.’

Kelly stepped cautiously into the room, his gun hanging by his side.

‘I need a doctor.’

‘You need a priest.’

‘No thanks. They need to get their own souls atoned for Saint Peter.’

‘You’ll not even get to meet him.’

‘I think we’re all afforded a hearing.’

‘That’s more than you deserve.’

Kelly raised his gun.

‘Seriously? I’ll be dead soon anyway.’

‘But not soon enough.’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

Interesting exchange, Rob. Makes me wonder what Carney did to put Kelly so much against him. I can see this as part of a larger story.