Saturday, September 28, 2019

Life as a movie

Serena lent against the doorframe, her shoes dangling from a limp hand.

Jack kept his head down. ‘What’s he done now?’

‘I’m here alone, aren’t I?’

‘Another woman then?’

‘Or two. Or three.’

‘And I’m your revenge?’

‘You’re not a consolation prize, Jack.’

‘It seems that way. The man plays his life as badly as he plays characters on the screen, yet you always go back to him.’

‘We’re married.’

‘That’s a status, Serena, not a reason.’

She let her dress fall to the floor. ‘Let’s talk about this in the morning, Jack.’

‘Now you’re playing life like a movie.’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

I like the tension here, Rob - well done. And I could see this as part of a story; I want to know more about those characters...