Saturday, October 26, 2019

Everything that you do is you

‘The thing you have to remember, Sally, is that everything that you do is you, even if it’s the lies you tell. Even if it’s an act, it’s what you want people to believe you are. You can’t escape yourself.’

‘What?’

‘You can act like someone you’re not, but you’re still you.’

‘You’re saying I’m a phoney?’

‘I’m saying that you can never be a phoney. You’re always authentic. Even if you think you’re not. Or you’re trying not to be.’

‘So?’

‘So, just accept yourself for who you are.’

‘I’m thirteen, Dad. I’m meant to make your life hell!’




A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

Ah, truer words were never spoken than that last line, Rob! That's a great conversation, too. Makes me want to know more about those people.