Saturday, January 23, 2021

You're firing me?

‘You’re firing me?’

‘And we’ll be looking to bring charges.’

‘But I didn’t do anything!’

‘Exactly. You turned a blind eye.’

‘But I didn’t know what she was up to. How could I?’

‘You were her assistant. You processed some of the transfers.’

‘Because she told me to!’

‘To her own accounts. Did you not think it was strange?’

‘Every time I’ve raised an issue with you, you tell me to just do what I’m told.’

‘I’m your boss!’

‘And she was my line manager.’

‘You’re an accessory to burglary!’

‘You’re just looking for someone to blame now she’s fled.’


A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

Oh, that's a good 'un, Rob. It raises real issues about what happens when a company needs to let a head or two roll. And it raises the important question of who's really responsible when that sort of thing happens. Well done