Saturday, January 30, 2021

Life being life

 Ginny stared at the ward ceiling.

‘Why am I still here?’

‘Because you flooded my apartment.’

‘I didn’t want to be saved.’

‘And I didn’t want you to die. And nor does anyone else.’

‘It’s not their choice.’

‘You’ve a long life ahead of you. It’ll get better.’

‘My life sucks. My boyfriend dumped me for my best friend. My brother-in-law fired me. And my parents think I’m a lost cause.’

‘They’re the problem, not you.’

‘I’ve always been the problem. I can take the hint.’

‘There was no hint. Just life being life.’

‘Well, I don’t want it anymore.’


A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

Some people do get to that point, Rob, and you express it very well here. Lots to think about here without you being heavy-handed about it. Well done