Saturday, February 6, 2021

At first sight

‘Here’s you bill.’

Ronan glanced up and found himself staring into the waitress’s eyes.

Boom!

‘Did you hear that?’

‘It must’ve been the lifeboat flare.’

Lisa made to turn away, but Ronan grabbed her wrist.

‘I don’t think so.’

‘Then a gas explosion.’

‘Did any of you just hear a loud bang?’ Ronan asked.

‘What?’ Conor said, looking over.

‘An explosion?’

‘What explosion?’

‘It seems we were the only ones to hear it.’

‘You can let go off my arm now.’

‘People are staring, Ronan.’

‘This is the woman I’m going to marry.’

‘Marry?’

‘Yes,’ Lisa said to own surprise.

 

A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

Oh, I like this one, Rob. That 'Boom' had to mean something, after all... Nicely written characters - I could see them as I read.