Sunday, January 30, 2022

First love

 Brendan did a double-take and halted.

‘My God, Cathy! I was just talking about you last week.’

‘All bad, no doubt.’

She was already backing away.

‘We were discussing first love.’

‘I haven’t seen you, for what, five years, and the first thing you bring up is that.’

‘What?’

‘When I confessed and you humiliated me in front of the whole class.’

‘That was a misunderstanding.’

‘I was ridiculed for months.’

‘I said you were my first love.’

‘Are you recording this?’

‘I meant it.’

‘Well, you had a chance and you blew it.’

‘But I was …’

‘No. Never.’

 

A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

Ah, you should never embarrass someone in public. You never know when it'll come back to haunt you! Well done, Rob, and I like both of your characters.