Sunday, April 10, 2022

He’ll come to his senses

‘Did you honestly think that he’d turned to you after you tried to sabotage their relationship?’

‘I was doing them a favour; it’s obvious they’re not right for each other. The only people who can’t see that is them.’

‘The only person who can’t see the obvious is you. Seriously, Sarah, …’

‘He should be thanking me. I’m trying to save him …’

‘You’re trying to save him for yourself. You just can’t accept that …’

‘It’s Tim that can’t accept the truth.’

‘Sarah, whatever slim chance you had is gone.’

‘No. He’ll come to his senses.’

‘He already has.’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

Oh, that last line's the best, Rob. I really like that 'I'm trying to help' attitude that covers up the selfishness, too. Well done