Sunday, May 8, 2022

Perfect synergy

Ciara paused for breath after rattling through the introductions.

‘And you two really are best friends?’ Alan asked Hannah, who nodded in response.

‘Two peas in a pod,’ Ciara said, cheerfully.

‘A chatterbox and a …’

‘Since secondary school!’

‘But you’re polar opposites!’

‘She always says that I’m all the friends she could have had rolled into one.’

‘Always? I think I’m yet to hear a single word.’

‘We’re balanced – introvert, extrovert.’

‘Some might say, mismatched.’

Hannah waggled a finger.

‘And you’ll lead the design review?’

‘She’s introspection and ideas, I make sure it happens.’

‘And does it?’

‘Perfect synergy.’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

Those two compelement each other well, Rob, and sometimes teamwork does work that way. I think you depict it well, here.