Sunday, May 15, 2022

Sister's jealousy

 ‘I’m not having an affair.’

‘Cathy says differently. She knows what’s going on.’

‘She’s lying, Gina. Your sister’s prepared to wreck our marriage because she’s in love with Lonny, who’s in love with Amy, and she wants me to get rid of her.’

‘I want her gone too.’

‘I’m not wrecking Amy’s career for your sister’s fantasy.’

‘It’s for our marriage.’

‘There’s nothing wrong with our marriage.’

‘She’s trying to …’

‘No, she’s not. If our marriage is in danger it’s because of your sister and you.’

‘You’re picking her over me?’

‘No. You’re picking your sister’s jealously over me.’


A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

Wow, that's one calculating woman, Rob! And your story really shows how people believe what they want to believe, no matter what. Well done