Sunday, June 26, 2022

She was his choice

 Sandra closed her eyes and rolled her neck.

‘You’re just going to give up?’ Kate asked.

‘Uh-huh.’

‘Even though you love him?’

‘What do you think I should do?’

‘Fight for him.’

‘You don’t fall out of love because someone else is in love with you.’

‘People are tempted away from partners all the time.’

‘She was his choice.’

‘At least give him a choice.’

‘I’m too tired for this, Kate. I’m not going to throw myself at him or try to undermine her.’

‘Why not?’

‘Because they deserve better. And I wouldn’t want someone to do it to me.’

A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

I can see Sandra's point, really, Rob. He loves someone else, and that's how it is. You express it well here, and I like the way you chose Kate as her confidante. Works better than trying to explain to her (soon-to-be?) ex.