Sunday, November 27, 2022

The family line

‘What’s that?’

‘Divorce papers.’

‘What?’

‘Irreconcilable differences. Or to put it another way, I can’t have children.’

‘Eric’s divorcing you because you can’t have kids?’

‘The IVF has never worked.’

‘So why not adopt? Or foster?’

‘He wants his own kids; continue the family line.’

‘And that’s more important than you?’

‘It seems that was my primary role; provide him with offspring.’

‘My god, what an ass!’

‘What am I going to do now, Sadie? Divorced, barren, not exactly good looking.’

‘Plenty of divorced men fit that bill.’

‘Sadie!’

‘He won’t be making kids once I’ve cut off his balls.’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

Oh, what an ass! I'd want to cut that guy's balls off, too, Rob! It does make me wonder about people who have that 'carry on the family line' attitude.