Sunday, November 13, 2022

True colours

‘But why?’

‘Because I only see you as a friend.’

‘How about we try dating? You’ll see me differently then.’

‘I’m sorry, Cath, but I’m interested in someone else.’

‘But they’re not interested in you. Unlike me.’

‘How do you know what they think?’

‘Because I asked her and she told me.’

‘And she’d tell you the truth?’

‘Why wouldn’t she?’

‘Because she’s shy and kinda insecure. She’d have said what you wanted to hear.’

‘Or she could actually not like you.’

‘Or she could. We’ve been dating for two weeks.’

‘What? The sly cow.’

‘And there’s your true colours.’


A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

See, that's the thing, Rob. It's always the quiet ones who surprise you. Interesting dilemma, too; you don't want to hurt someone, but at the same time, if the spark's not there, well, it's not.