Sunday, October 30, 2022

This is the line

‘Just loan me the money, Cassie.’

‘I might as well just hand it straight over to the bookies.’

‘Is this how you treat your father?’

‘I don’t earn money so you can just waste it.’

‘If it wasn’t for me you wouldn’t be alive to earn money.’

‘If it wasn’t for you we wouldn’t have grown up fearing the bailiffs and moving from town to town.’

‘Just give me the money, Cassie.’

‘There isn’t any bloody money! Who do you think is paying the rent?’

‘Cass, come-on. These are serious guys.’

‘I’m serious, Dad. This is the line. The end.’ 

A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Margot Kinberg said...

Ah, yes, the breaking point - for both of them. This scene's got so many possibilities, too, Rob. I like the tension in it, and it makes me wonder what'll happen next. This could be part of a longer story, I think.