Saturday, August 13, 2011

Infinity and beyond

Appropriately enough I finished Absolute Zero Cool last night on the train to Sligo, the setting for the book. I'll write a review sometime over the weekend and post on Monday. I need to try and get my thoughts ordered. It's one heck of a novel - a postmodern crime tale mixing noir, Greek mythology, theology, philosophy, satire and heaven knows what else. And the prose is exquisite. A book where every section seems to have been worked over and honed until it is shines. A book designed to make you think. It won't, I suspect, be for everybody. It's not a light beach read, but for those wanting to be challenged then this is definitely worth checking out. And it's not just me who thinks so. Here are the glowing reviews from today's Irish Times and Independent.




No comments: