Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A ghost of a chance

After a few months of working its way through whatever system manuscripts wander inside of publishers I've had notification that my novel Ghostland might see daylight next year. I say might as publication depends on securing an Arts Council grant. In these times of austerity cutbacks, I'm not sure this is the best time to be looking for arts funding, but finger's crossed it comes through. It'll be another few months until I hear anything so the business of waiting resumes. In the meantime, I have a backlog of material piling up - three other completed novels and I'm halfway through another. It's a good job that I principally write for myself! Hopefully the new year will bring good news and those interested will be able to catch up with McEvoy's latest cases.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob - Oh, I wish you well! I'll be thinking positive thoughts..

Dorte H said...

Good luck!

And I am definitely one of ´those interested´ ;)

pattinase (abbott) said...

Fingers crossed across the pond, Rob.