Friday, January 22, 2010

McEvoy rides again …

Apart from all the craziness caused by the viral post, on Tuesday I also received notice that The White Gallows (the second McEvoy novel) will be published by a different imprint of the press who put out The Rule Book. They want advance copies published by April for the London Book Fair which means a tight set of editing, design, copyediting, and proofing deadlines. I’m up for that, but it’ll probably lead to a lull in my reading/reviews as I deal with things. I also have another deadline for an academic book coming up for April/May just to complicate things.

On the viral post front, I’m not sure how many papers have ended up covering the story but a fair few and I’ve also done a couple of radio interviews. I’ve also been asked to appear on the Frontline tv programme on Monday night on the national broadcaster. It’s a political/topical concerns programme that is broadcast live. The format is a small panel who are interviewed by the presenter, field questions with an audience and engage in a debate with them. I suspect the fact that it’s live will greatly increase the probability that I will put my foot right in it. However it goes, I’m sure it’ll be an interesting experience.

3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Wish I could watch you in action Monday night.

Rob Kitchin said...

Patti, as part of RTE's mandate to serve the Irish diaspora most, if not all, of its programmes are available online. I think you can watch in real time, but you can certainly watch afterwards. The website is http://www.rte.ie/news/thefrontline/ Hopefully it'll go okay.

pattinase (abbott) said...

It will be fun to watch it. Thanks.