Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A viral post

I mentioned on Sunday that one of my posts on the other blog I contribute to - Ireland After NAMA - got coverage in the Sunday Times. The post I co-wrote with a colleague on Monday has gone a bit viral. I was out of the university at a meeting yesterday afternoon. I returned to find half a dozen messages from journalists who wanted to speak to me. The evening ended with an interview that ran as the third item on the national TV news at 9pm after coverage of Haiti and the banking inquiry. The post was covered in all the broadsheet papers this morning (Irish Times, Independent, Examiner), and I've spent part of today dealing with queries and doing interviews. I'm back on national radio this evening. An interesting experience, especially when you're not expecting it. I do have a couple of book reviews to post, but I haven't had time to write them yet. They'll follow in the next day or so once normal service resumes.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Behold the power of the internet!